MSC Family CruisesSailing on a magnificent ship with MSC Cruises offers oceans of adventure for your children. In MSC’s Kids Clubs, children can let their imaginations run wild – one day they’re pirates searching for gold, the next they’re artists, dancers and explorers. MSC offers a wealth of activities and captivating play areas to enrich their minds and set the stage for endless fun. Parents can relax by the pool or in the MSC Aurea Spa, confident in the supervision of the experienced Kids Club staff. Please note: MSC caters to an international clientele and youth programs will be conducted in multiple languages.
Mini Club – 3 to 6 year olds
Juniors Club – 7 to 11 year olds
Young Teen Club – 12 to 14 years old
Teen Club – 15 to 17 year olds
Baby Laundry Service
MSC has the ideal way of cleaning the clothes your young children have dirtied. Dedicated to 0 to 6-year-olds, their Baby Laundry service washes baby and toddler clothes separately, using a specialized machine, program, and detergents to clean and sanitize even at temperatures as low as 30°C. MSC will collect your children’s items from your cabin and deliver them to you the next day, clean and sterile: ideal for protecting their skin. You’ll find full details in your cabin, along with a biodegradable paper laundry bag and a service coupon to fill in.
Baby Club (under 3)
MSC has partnered with Chicco to provide a dedicated play area of babies and toddlers to enjoy while accompianed by an adult. This service is available on MSC Seaside, MSC Armonia, MSC Sinfonia, MSC Opera, and MSC Lirica. On all ships, Chicco has provided products to use free of charge. Strollers, bouncers, and backpacks for shore excursions can be booked at the Mini Club, and parents can either request a bottle warmer to use in their stateroom or use a digital bottle warmer at certain bars. Only backpacks are allowed to be taken off the ship for excursions. There is also a Chicco Corner onboard in the shop area with items for babies and toddlers up for sale. When the ship is exclusively at sea, children from 1 to 3 years old are welcome at the Mini Club for dedicated babysitting from 1 P.M. to 2 P.M. or 6 P.M. to 7 P.M.
Baby Time (children under 3 years)
Baby Time allows children under 3 to play with you and other children of their own age from many different countries. In the meantime, you can make friends with other parents cruising with their children. On sea days, children ages 1-3 can be left in care for up to 2 hours per day. You can enjoy a dedicated facility for young children with your child at these times (times may vary by ship or itinerary):
PORT DAYS: Morning: 8:00-10:00 am / Afternoon: 4:00-6:00 pm / Evening: 8:00-9:00 pm
AT SEA DAYS: Morning: 8:00-10:00 am / Evening: 8:00-9:00 pm
DOREMILAND (children 3 to 11)
Every child is a member of MSC in DOREMILAND. There are two special clubs, the Mini Club for children 3-6 years old and Juniors Club for children 7-11 years old. Both are staffed by professional entertainers, and your children are free to explore and socialize under supervision with the following activities:
- Arts & Crafts
- Group games and activities
- The latest video games
- Dance classes and performances
- LEGO Activities
- 9:00 am – 11:00 pm while in port
- 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm while at sea
Special Kids/Juniors Services
- Dedicated children’s menus in all restaurants
- Fun Time Dinners – MSC offers a free service in which children can dine with the entertainment staff daily in the buffet restaurant
- Happy Dinners – Children are given dinner while adults enjoy appetizers, then children are escorted to the play area by entertainment staff while adults dine (free service)
- Kids Around The Clock – Supervised night play and napping (small charge applies)
- Family Excursions – The entertainment staff supports excursions for the entire family so everyone is always happy
MSC won’t treat your teens like the kids, and they won’t be lumped with the kids either. They’re supervised with a place of their own where they can do their own thing, with optional activities throughout the day. You can even give them a taste of their own independence with a Teen Card. The card can be used by children over 7 years of age to make purchases onboard, and it doubles as a stateroom key. It is available in $30 and $50 amounts, with a bonus of $5 and $10 respectively. Simply complete the form you receive during check-in and hand it to the Reception Desk.
Activities for teens (daily/nightly):
- Sports & tournaments (football, basketball, dodgeball, mini-golf, shuffleboard, table soccer)
- Dance contest
- Social network games
- The latest video games and challenges
- Teenage Kicks Spa Hair and Beauty Treatments in MSC Aurea Spa (ages 13-17)
- Radio MSC Generation with nightly video and music requests
- MSC Generation Life with Pop Star, iPop Competition, Teen Movie Trivia, Boys Generation, Girls Generation, Kool Karaoke, Just Dance Live and more
- Teens White Party
- MSC Flashmob
- Hey Mr DJ!
- MSC Generation Awards teens talent show
- The Prom teens formal night
- Generation Dinner
- Generation Pool Game
10:00 am – 11:30 am, 3:00 pm to 4:30 pm and 9:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Teens (15-17 years) Club hours with the Teen Entertainer service (may vary by ship or itinerary):
11:30 am – 1:00 pm, 4:30 – 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm - midnight
At the Kids Corner, there are tasty and healthful dishes available during mealtimes. MSC's restaurants offer items from menus created with the help of the Osservatorio Chicco Baby Research Center. If your child has special dietary needs, please inform your VTG agent. High chairs are available in all onboard restaurants and at the buffet; ask your waiter for assistance. Additionally, if you ask a waiter, they will be happy to heat up your child's food for you.
If you would like to have dinner alone, you can drop your children off at the Mini/Juniors Club and enjoy your dinner while MSC's staff keeps them entertained, or you have the option of have your children escorted to the the appropriate Club when they're done eating while you enjoy the rest of your dinner (ask Youth Staff onboard to book.)
- For a little extra peace of mind when leaving your children in either of the Clubs, you can request a pager/deck phone so MSC can contact you at any time.
- If your child has a birthday during the cruise, make it even more fun by ordering a special Doremi cake. Contact Reception/Guest Services for more details.
- From 11 PM to 2 AM, you can take advantage of the late-night services in the Clubs where your children can have a great time. Ask for a booking form from the appropriate Club.
- You can ask 24-hour room service to ask for warm milk to be brought to your stateroom or children's meals to be reheated at any time for a nominal fee.
- If you want to enjoy a MSC excursion without the little ones, you can leave them in the care of MSC's expert Youth Staff in the Clubs. Just sign up the day before!