Princess Family Cruises
In partnership with Discovery™, Princess has developed engaging youth programming and wonder-filled center designs for cruisers ages 3 to 17. Each center within Camp Discovery has a different theme where kids make new friends and participate in cruise activities specially designed to help them play, huddle, create and discover.
The Treehouse (ages 3-7) and The Lodge (ages 8-12)
Sports, Games, Physical Activities
- Shark Hunters: Investigate mysterious Caribbean sharks on an interactive scavenger hunt.
- Alaskan Explorers: Hunt for clues to the connections between Alaska’s animals and people.
- Try your skills on PlayStation®, Nintendo Wii™, and XBOX Kinect consoles, board games, air hockey and ping pong.
- Join dance classes and engage in friendly competitions.
- Enjoy sports including basketball, mini golf, yoga and miniature Olympics.
Places, Animals, Science
- Mythbusters Activities: Try three hands-on challenges, featuring Tori Belleci from the show.
- Survive Alaska: Invent tools to survive the harsh environment of The Great Land.
- Animal Planet™ uncovers ferocious secrets in Shark Attack, and learn squid anatomy in Just Squiddin’ Around.
- Learn the science of magic or become an engineer for a day with programs from the California Science Center, home of the Endeavour space shuttle.
- Inspire a love of nature from the regions we sail with Animal Planet Endangered Species and Glacier Bay Jr. Ranger programs.
Fun Interaction with Peers
- Extreme Sea Carnival: Caribbean music, dance, trivia and crafts light up the night for the whole family.
- Wild Alaska Festival: Celebrate Alaskan nature at this family theme night.
- Discovery at Sea™ theme days with activities inspired by Shark Week and Animal Planet.
- Talent Shows showcase singing, dancing, musical skill, and jokes.
- Theme Nights include Pirate, Mexican Fiesta and competitive Challenge themes.
Arts, Crafts, Inventions
- The Greatest Catch: Design your own invention to help you explore the ocean.
- Compete: Join the Klutz® paper airplane challenge or Lego boat-building contest.
- JrChef@Sea: Learn cake decorating and enjoy the results with your family.
- Make Animal Planet puppets, masks and paintings inspired by regional wildlife.
- Klutz® Art Projects: Craft bracelets, velvet art, jewelry and more.
The Beach House (ages 13-17)
You won't want to miss our Rock the Boat Party. It’s the occasion to dress up, stroll down the red carpet and flash your VIP badge, then enjoy an evening of mocktails, awards and celebrating with your friends.
Give your skills a workout in our video game tournaments. Play to win in air hockey, foosball and ping-pong. Or compete in outdoor sporting activities like dodgeball and basketball tournaments.
Perfect your moves with guidance from one of our crew dancers, then show what you’ve got at dance competitions and parties.
Movies and More
Get your scream on at Scary Movie Night, or catch some recent hits at Late Night Movies. Or cast yourself in a whole new light with teen makeovers and glitter tattoos.
Club 1820 (ages 18-20)
Imagine a secret society. Only those invited can join. Guests ages 18-20 will learn the secret handshake and be granted a special code word to unlock an exclusive list of Club1820 events made just for them. No parents, no little siblings, no official hosts.
For the Whole Family
- Family Movie Nights
- Production shows – Magic to Do, Voice of the Ocean
- Stargazing with Discovery at Sea™
- Family Fun Fair: enjoy a lively themed carnival in the Piazza featuring mascots, face painting, balloon animals, magicians and entertainers
- Family Dance Parties
Some Healthy Competition
- Family Game Night
- Family Game Shows
- Family Trivia & Challenges
- Family fitness - sports court activities
Discovery Family™ Shore Excursions
Princess is proud to offer shore excursions that are not only fascinating experiences for the whole family, but recommended by two of the most trusted names in exploration – Discovery™ and Animal Planet™.
Parents Night Out
Late-Night Group Sitting
For your convenience, group kidsitting is offered in the Youth Centers. Kids can relax and watch movies or play games with their friends while mom and dad have a relaxing night out.
- For children ages 3 to 12 years.
- From 10:00 pm to 1:00 am.
- Charge of $5.00 per hour per child.
Princess offers a variety of opportunities for kids to eat with their new friends and Youth Staff, while parents enjoy dinner on their own.
- Kids-only dinners are offered on select evenings during your voyage.
- A teens-only dinner on a formal night takes place in a section of the dining room reserved just for them.
- We also offer fun ice cream and pizza parties throughout the voyage.
- Please be sure to alert Youth Staff if your child has any food allergies.